I encountered ankle replacements in my outpatient rotation at Harborview Medical Center where we saw the patient as a part of post-surgery check-ups. I have not encountered any clinically since then but have treated a patient for something else who has had an ankle replacement. There is an interesting article in the NYT about an increase in the number done with a wave expected in the future with baby boomers getting older. You can read the article here.
- Great idea in Stockton to address SDOH and hospital d/c - Center gives hospitalized homeless chance to recover recordnet.com/news/20170621/… 3 days ago
- @judyseto I avoid "up w/ the good, down w/ the bad" - emphasize MD fixed the problem, now it's the healing/ surgica… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 4 days ago
- RT @judyseto: Periodically do "Exercise Pruning". Toss out the fluff, meaningless & redundant ex's that don't support end goals. Garbage in… 4 days ago
- @MuyVienSPT Thanks, I'm excited & honored! @jptlowy had told me it's hot for a few wks in July; I wasn't expecting… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 4 days ago
- I moved to Stockton during a heat wave! https://t.co/xzVXxzQEKl 4 days ago