I encountered ankle replacements in my outpatient rotation at Harborview Medical Center where we saw the patient as a part of post-surgery check-ups. I have not encountered any clinically since then but have treated a patient for something else who has had an ankle replacement. There is an interesting article in the NYT about an increase in the number done with a wave expected in the future with baby boomers getting older. You can read the article here.
- I think I just laid the groundwork for my #geriatricPT class - super pumped! 1 hour ago
- I just found an article from JAGS in 1963 that Wiley wants to charge $6 to rent, 15 for cloud, or 38 for the PDF. 3 hours ago
- RT @chadcookpt: Social Media viewpoint coming in January in @JOSPT Authors include @JeremyLewisPT @DrTobyHall, Steven George, Mark Hancock… 1 day ago
- A long but interesting read if you are involved in or critique research. When the Revolution Came for Amy Cuddy nyti.ms/2zjnPJ5 3 days ago
- Tech isn't the answer if it isn't designed with the user (or the underlying problem) in mind. twitter.com/EnvtalGeroIG/s… 4 days ago