I’ve been offered (and have accepted) a position in the geriatric physical therapy residency program at the University of Minnesota. It is a year-long program, working with a similar spectrum of function (independent living, SNF, and LTC) that I am now, but a) with a wider spectrum of diagnoses than I do now and I have the opportunity to learn from a variety of different experts and disciplines. I look forward to expanding my clinical expertise and practice, and we are starting to prepare to move (planning what to take, what to put in storage, and what to purge). It was a tough decision as I’m leaving a great working environment here but I think one that made the most sense for improving my clinical practice and for whatever the future holds. I look forward to sharing through this and other social media what I learn!
- Starting the second-half of my (adapted) CPI's (14!) with @PearlJam 's Alive and a cup of coffee. Let's do this! 10 hours ago
- @mattboga I've had their Fireside Chat - something about it during Minnesota winters seemed appropriate 🍺⛄ 1 day ago
- @mattboga What is the IPA? Always looking for local brews I haven't tried yet. 1 day ago
- Thanks @APTAtweets for renewal reminder when I signed in on the website - almost let membership lapse w/ the busy-ness of life right now! 2 days ago
- @jameuwissen Take a lot of notes for criteria, give yourself maximal time, & be fresh as possible when writing/ reflecting. 2 days ago