Selection of good footwear is important in balance for older adults, and a fall reduction/ prevention program should include a review and discussion of footwear. In going through an older journal I had set off to the side, I came across this interesting article examining “Effects of Foot Orthoses on Balance in Older Adults” (JOSPT July 2012). This is definitely something to consider, and it would be interesting to see a prospective RCT for looking at the impact of orthotics on falls in older adults.
- RT @thfreespiritfit: This thread. We all have biases. Being aware and learning to recognize helps me see what my pts need vs my thoughts ab… 1 day ago
- For some reason I've had a bunch of entrepreneurs start following me recently on Twitter and IG. Maybe they all h… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- @KylePTAgent @MikeMakher That is what I did. Didn't change my plan but confirmed it. No $ interest in residencies b… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- RT @medicalaxioms: 90 year old lady won’t die because she stops eating. She’s stopped eating because she is dying. 2 days ago
- RT @sunsopeningband: #sdoh twitter.com/DrMollyWaring/… 2 days ago