Selection of good footwear is important in balance for older adults, and a fall reduction/ prevention program should include a review and discussion of footwear. In going through an older journal I had set off to the side, I came across this interesting article examining “Effects of Foot Orthoses on Balance in Older Adults” (JOSPT July 2012). This is definitely something to consider, and it would be interesting to see a prospective RCT for looking at the impact of orthotics on falls in older adults.
- Great idea in Stockton to address SDOH and hospital d/c - Center gives hospitalized homeless chance to recover recordnet.com/news/20170621/… 1 hour ago
- @judyseto I avoid "up w/ the good, down w/ the bad" - emphasize MD fixed the problem, now it's the healing/ surgica… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 11 hours ago
- RT @judyseto: Periodically do "Exercise Pruning". Toss out the fluff, meaningless & redundant ex's that don't support end goals. Garbage in… 11 hours ago
- @MuyVienSPT Thanks, I'm excited & honored! @jptlowy had told me it's hot for a few wks in July; I wasn't expecting… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 20 hours ago
- I moved to Stockton during a heat wave! https://t.co/xzVXxzQEKl 1 day ago