Selection of good footwear is important in balance for older adults, and a fall reduction/ prevention program should include a review and discussion of footwear. In going through an older journal I had set off to the side, I came across this interesting article examining “Effects of Foot Orthoses on Balance in Older Adults” (JOSPT July 2012). This is definitely something to consider, and it would be interesting to see a prospective RCT for looking at the impact of orthotics on falls in older adults.
- @LauraOpstedal #grungePT ! 👍 Cc: @sunsopeningband 13 hours ago
- RT @TaraBahrampour: This super fit 80-year-old personal trainer is teaching his aging clients how to stay in fighting shape https://t.co/5T… 14 hours ago
- Heineken Just Put Out The Antidote to That Pepsi Kendall Jenner Ad fastcompany.com/40412848/heine… 15 hours ago
- Really surprised by the findings #geriatricPT https://t.co/PBg2GpjPIS 16 hours ago
- RT @VernonGriffith4: There is roughly 940 Saturdays between your child's birth and them leaving for college. Don't waste a single one of… 18 hours ago