Selection of good footwear is important in balance for older adults, and a fall reduction/ prevention program should include a review and discussion of footwear. In going through an older journal I had set off to the side, I came across this interesting article examining “Effects of Foot Orthoses on Balance in Older Adults” (JOSPT July 2012). This is definitely something to consider, and it would be interesting to see a prospective RCT for looking at the impact of orthotics on falls in older adults.
- @PhysioRCP Why, and how would you designate? 2 days ago
- RT @ACSMNews: A crucial component of healthy aging is the maintenance and improvement of muscular strength and power. Learn more: https:/… 3 days ago
- “The way you train reflects the way you fight.People say I’m not going to train too hard, I’m going to do this in t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- @MegLowryPT @_sarahweller @clock_yourself @l_giangregorio Actually no students involved in the RCT currently (that… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- RT @dan26wales: Frequent fallers are less likely to injur themselves when they fall than infrequent fallers Not due to frequent fallers di… 5 days ago