Selection of good footwear is important in balance for older adults, and a fall reduction/ prevention program should include a review and discussion of footwear. In going through an older journal I had set off to the side, I came across this interesting article examining “Effects of Foot Orthoses on Balance in Older Adults” (JOSPT July 2012). This is definitely something to consider, and it would be interesting to see a prospective RCT for looking at the impact of orthotics on falls in older adults.
- Starting the second-half of my (adapted) CPI's (14!) with @PearlJam 's Alive and a cup of coffee. Let's do this! 10 hours ago
- @mattboga I've had their Fireside Chat - something about it during Minnesota winters seemed appropriate 🍺⛄ 1 day ago
- @mattboga What is the IPA? Always looking for local brews I haven't tried yet. 1 day ago
- Thanks @APTAtweets for renewal reminder when I signed in on the website - almost let membership lapse w/ the busy-ness of life right now! 2 days ago
- @jameuwissen Take a lot of notes for criteria, give yourself maximal time, & be fresh as possible when writing/ reflecting. 2 days ago